Monday 2 May 2016

Grapeseed Oil: Improve Hair Growth and Healthier Looking Hair


3 Steps - Water, Cream, Oil!


I previously made a step-by-step hair routine some time ago and I thought this would be a great time to update it. A lot has changed since then as I have attempted a lot of trial and errors, and just constantly researching products and ingredients. This was another one of my purchases from the Body Shop and as I mentioned in a previous post, I was on a detox for my hair and skin, researching natural products and elements that benefits the hair and skin in a hydrating, repairing way. My hair can become very thirsty, lacking in moisture, becoming very dry, so when I apply water and conditioner my hair it soaks it up in an instant. From my research I discovered that I needed a 3 step routine to help seal moisture into dry, thirsty hair, which also included a weekly mask consisting of coconut oil which I will also be writing a post on in the future. 

Body Shop's Grapeseed Glossing Serum is affordable, smells amazing, leaving the hair soft and frizz free. It's not just a temporary remedy that once it's washed out it loses it's properties. Grapeseed oil conditions hair, restores natural moisture, leaving the hair shiny without weighing it down or looking oily. I've been using the serum for the past 3 months now and in the beginning I hadn't started using the coconut oil mask yet and I could already see the benefits.




Step 1: After washing or co-washing my hair I would always leave some conditioner in my hair after a rinse. Ringing out any excess water, I would then part my hair in half, down the middle and finger feed apply more conditioner (2 pence size piece) on each side from root to ends. (Depending on how much hair you have and how thick it is, would depend on how much conditioner you would use)

Step 2: I would then wrap my hair in a towel and leave for half an hour, so that any excess water can be absorbed. After that, I would then wrap my hair loosely in a t-shirt and leave for an hour or so, untying and shaking the hair to then wrap it again every so often to encourage the drying process. Ideally this routine is great for the night before because you have more time, you can just wrap your hair overnight for it to dry, but if you do decide to do this in the morning, I would definitely recommend giving yourself plenty of time to get ready (my friends already know how long it takes me!).  

Step 3: Unwrap your hair and leave to air dry for another half hour. At this point your hair should be damp in some places to near dry. This is the ideal point to apply the Grapeseed Serum. I usually apply 5-6 pumps in my palms, rub my hands together and smooth the serum over all sections of my hair concentrating on the ends and roots because I tend to have a lot of fly away hair on the crown of my head. You can then either wrap your hair again or leave to air dry, either way hair comes out smelling amazing, feeling super soft, lightweight and shiny.




As well as the benefits I've just mentioned, having a care routine for your hair not only improves the quality of your hair but maintains that quality, protecting your hair from harsh weather conditions and styling techniques. Of course there are also other steps you can take to maintain that protection, for example sleeping with your hair wrapped in a silk scarf and using a weekly mask to give your hair an extra hydration boost. Grapeseed oil has also been known to help the growth of hair but don't expect results over night. Being patient and consistent in your routines will allow you to see the benefits but they are all worth it!


I always stress to my readers that everyone has a different hair and skin type and this is what works for me atm, so everything that I've mentioned in this post won't work for everyone. I have thick, long, curly hair, so my hair takes longer to dry, whereas someone with thinner hair won't take as long. Everyone's beauty regime is personal to them, so it's important to find out what signs you have to determine what type of hair you have, go from there to find out which products you require and how to apply them, and finally organise your OWN personal regime.

Be sure to let me know what you think if this post has helped you in any way!

PEACE & LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment