Wednesday 8 July 2015

Last of Us 2! Rumours & Speculation!


It's a pretty huge likelihood!


The smallest of comments can send fans on the internet rocketing into a frenzy of speculation in any given situation, whether it's a film sequel, prequel or gaming remake, however this time around we're talking about the multiple award winning title the Last of Us. 

Speaking at MetroCon in Florida, North who voices Nathan Drake in Naughty Dog's other blockbuster series Uncharted gave fans a glimpse of hope that there may be a Last of Us 2 in the making. 

He Said: 

''I know they're doing Last of Us 2 but my character in the Last of Us kind of met an untimely demise...''


I don't know about anyone else but I'm pretty happy with that comment alone - it's official!! No, but to make things even more exciting, in December a former lead character artist at Naughty Dog, Michael Knowland reportedly changed part of his LinkedIn profile to say that he had been working on head sculpts for Last of Us 2. 



I know right?! Get excited with me please! 

Why wouldn't Naughty Dog even consider making a sequel to one of it's highest grossing games of 2013?! Speculate all you want but the fans demand it! 

Troy baker, who voiced protagonist Joel has denied any involvement or knowledge of a sequel (probably because he knows so much and has trouble resisting, ha!). He recently stated that:

''I know nothing. I don't know if we're gonna do another one or not. If we do, then I trust Neil (Druckmann, creative director) and Bruce (Straley, game director) and everyone at Naughty Dog to tell a story that needs to be told.'' 


Definitely a defensive response, don't you think? There has been speculation surrounding this response that Naughty Dog may be open to a whole new storyline that won't feature Joel but I think we empathised with the characters so much in Last of Us they would be stupid to get rid of them!

I know all of you Last of Us fans are jumping off your seats! Leave a comment, let me know what you expect from the sequel or send me a tweet!

Peace & Love


No comments:

Post a Comment