Wednesday 8 July 2015

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water Review


Right Time and Place


Removing make-up is always a tiresome process especially if you've just come home from a night out. You want to remove every inch of make up without your face being rubbed to shreds that it starts to feel tight and sore. I imagine the most important feelings you would want after removing your make up is for it to feel soft, clean and refreshed. At one point I was using my Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish to remove my make up, but it was becoming an expensive routine as I was using the product as a make up remover at night as well as a facial cleanser in the morning. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water kind of came at the right time for me - I was looking for a cheaper and an easier alternative make-up remover, and the buzz I heard around social media concerning the product caught many peoples attention including my own due to it's intriguing name. Water? Just water? To remove make up? It seemed too good to be true, so I gave it go. Below will be a short review and the pros and cons for 3 types of 'make up removers and cleansers' by Garnier: Garnier Fresh Eye Make-up Remover, Garnier Micellar Cleanising Water (Pink) and Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (Green). 

Garnier Fresh Eye Make-up Remover




You're probably thinking from my introduction that this is going to be a good review. Think again! Garnier claim that this make up remover is - 'even for sensitive skin' - 'perfectly removes eye make up and soothes skin' - 'respects the delicate skin around the eye' and is 'enriched with apple extract'.  So I'll start with the few pros that this product has. It does the job of removing make up and well - it was refreshing for my face for maybe about a week or two and it wasn't a greasy product with toning qualities. However, using this product after a while started to irritate my skin. It does not 'respect' the delicate skin around my eye - in-fact it started to sting and become sore. It has quite an unpleasant taste (not that I'm drinking it!) - you know when you've removed your lippy and then you lick your lips (not nice) and if this stuff gets in your eye - it's not as bad as shampoo but it isn't nice. To be honest with you, I should of seen the signs, I can't imagine getting granny smith apple juice in your eye would be very pleasant, haha! I will however rate it for how little you need on your cotton pad to remove your make up, I bought the small 125ml bottle which cost around £1-2 and it lasted me for a month. Pretty good seeing as I was using it everyday. But that doesn't make up for the fact that this product made my skin feel horrible - my face stung, really sensitive and sore to touch specifically my eye area and forehead as these are probably my most sensitive areas on my face. 

2/10

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (pink bottle)




This product again claims 'even for sensitive skin', that it 'removes make-up + cleanses + soothes' - 'no rinsing' and can be used for the 'face, eyes, lips - no perfume'. This in comparison with the purple bottle was a big improvement but there were still issues there. I totally agree that there was no perfume or strong alcoholic/chemically smell therefore it didn't sting the eyes or taste funky. It's definitely what is says on the bottle - for sensitive skin as it was less irritable and it didn't sting my eye area AS MUCH. Still did! But not as much. Again soothing and refreshing for maybe the first two weeks and then my skin started to become irritable and sensitive. May I point out that neither products made my skin feel as soft as it has been in the past. So thumbs down again for this one.

5/10

Last but not least and the best product out of all 3 products was Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water for Combination and Sensitive skin (green bottle 6/10). Again, very similar features as the pink bottle - toning qualities, less irritable, no strong chemically smell or taste, however the product seemed to soap up making my skin dry - as you can see from the top picture the product was producing bubbles, not something you want to see from a good make up remover! So, I recommend that if you don't have sensitive/dry skin go for the pink or green bottle. Garnier Micellar Cleansing water is no doubt a great make up remover but not so great for keeping the skin refreshed, soft and neutral. 

You know what they say, you get what you pay for - if you want good quality products you have to be prepared to pay for them. Personally I advise to stay away from mass produced skin care products, they're full of harsh chemicals that are no good for your skin! 

Leave a comment or send me a tweet about your experiences with Micellar Cleansing Water or if you have any recommendations for make-up removers 

Peace & Love 


No comments:

Post a Comment