Wednesday 13 April 2016

Body Shop Lip Conditioner Review


Miracle Worker for the Lips!


I first came across Body Shop's Lip Conditioner whilst scrolling through Instagram, as you do. The person had claimed that this product was amazing and great for protection during those cold winter months and swears that it keeps the lips hydrated! It wasn't your average lip balm, with a 4.8/5 average customer rating on their website, and the January and February month's weather becoming more bitter, I had to add it to my wishlist. At the time I was also going through a hair and skin detox and was in dire need for natural products/ingredients to use. 

Growing up, I always knew Body Shop had a fine reputation, known for their natural ingredients in their products and of course their big tubs of gorgeous smelling creams! Pay day had come round and I decided I would head to my nearest store and treat myself to a few bits. Browsing the store I was typically looking for products that appealed to me i.e. eye creams, serums, conditioners etc, and so I found the lip conditioner as well as a vitamin E eye cream, hair serum and body mist, which I will be making reviews on at some point.

I've had the product for over 2 months now and can officially give a fair judgement. I've always used some form of moisturiser for my lips, whether it be Vaseline or Carmex, and for years it has preferably been Vaseline for it's healing qualities in the Aloe Vera and Cocoa Butter varieties. But as we all know Vaseline is made of petrolium jelly which actually encourages the skin to peel, therefore encouraging you to use more. I did come across at some point in my local Tesco express a limited edition Sugar Coated Vaseline with a pink and white glittery tin case (so not me!), but foolish me, the name caught my eye and I assumed there would be grains of sugar inside because I know that sugar is a great exfoliator for the lips. Oh, how wrong I was when I got home and opened the case. It did have a wonderful smell and gave my lips a subtle pink tint but after using it for about 4 weeks it could not provide me with any more hydration. 

I found that Body Shop's Lip Conditioner instantly provided hydration and protection for my lips in the bitter dry cold at that time. Since then I have noticed that my lips feel significantly more softer and prepared for colder weather. Bearing in mind this product isn't like Vaseline where you get that shine to your lips and I know how much people like to use Vaseline to make their lips look plump, we're all guilty of it, however, you don't need to apply a lot to get that smoothness, therefore it lasts longer. What I tend to do is dab a little bit every now and then on my lips and if you want, I guess you could apply your favourite Vaseline (whichever look you are going for) on top of the conditioner.

Rating: 5 / 5

Price: £4

Over all, a brilliant product that I highly recommend to anyone!
If you do happen to purchase it let me know what you think.


PEACE & LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment