Monday 4 May 2015

Liz Earle Light Reflecting Concealer with a Small Gift


Liz Earle: Naturally Active


Liz Earle are known for making products which include all natural ingredients and few chemicals. I own their cleanser, scrub, toner and moisturiser, all amazing products that aren't harsh on the skin, light and lightly scented. I recently purchased their Light Reflecting Concealer and have been using it for over a week now as it was something that was missing from my essential make up collection. Believe it or not I was using a hand-me-down No7 dry concealer from my Mum. It did the job but was far too dry for my skin and was too light for my tone :/



According to Liz Earle, this concealer is used for minor blemishes, spots and also highlights parts of the face like the nose and covers dark eyes. The assistant at the Liz Earle section in Boots, also gave me another option for a more dryer concealer which was used for nastier blemishes and great for contouring. However, I'm quite cautious about what I put on my face and try not to use thick, heavy products so I went with the Light Reflecting Concealer which was a much lighter and creamier product. As I mentioned to the assistant that I can't stand my dark eyes she kindly gave me a gift which helps to get rid of dark circles, called Soothing Eye Lotion but I'll talk about that product later in the post.

Light & Smooth, For Everyday Use 


So, Pros and Cons? The concealer is light, creamy and blends beautifully on the skin. Unfortunately the concealer only comes in 3 shades so not much of a range in skin tones. You would also think a product so light wouldn't last all day but surprisingly after a long day at work your make up still looks as if you had just did it. It's not a heavy product but you still only need the littlest specks under the eyes or down the nose to get coverage and it doesn't smudge or smear. The applicator is brilliant, it's like a brush pen so application is easy so you can get into all the nooks and crannies of your face. I've recently had a bit of an outbreak of a few small redish spots on my forehead and this product was great for toning down the redness but if you are looking for a product to completely hide deep scars and blemishes then I would suggest going for a heavier concealer. Bare in mind, if you do apply more than you should of this product it can make your face greasy as it is a liquid based product so be weary of how much you use. I'm still in the process of balancing how much I should use on each part of my face myself, other than that, this product is brilliant and I highly recommend it. Even for those who don't wear much make up, this is a great product for every day use and because it blends in so beautifully you can't even tell you're wearing concealer and that's something rare!


Soothing Eye Lotion


Liz Earl Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion

Not only is this product great for removing dark circles but getting rid of those tired puffy eyes in the morning when you wake up, giving you that little boost to start the day. Bearing in mind that the little bottle in the picture was just the gift, the original packaging is usually 150ml for £13.25. I've been using that product everyday for over a week now and I still haven't finished that small bottle. Very little is needed on two separate cotton pads that go over each eye. You can either sweep it on over each eye or relax with the cotton pads on your eyers for 5-10 minutes. If you want to see immediate results I suggest relaxing with it for 10 minutes. I imagine this process is very similar to putting cucumber on your eyes but with the natural ingredients Liz Earle integrates into her products she gives you that little bit more including aloe vera which we all know is good for the skin with many healing properties. Toning ingredients are also present so the lotion acts great as a light toner to get rid of dirt and light make up around the eyes.

Suggestions:

Using after you have cleansed and toned your face in the morning followed by a light moisturiser. Perfect morning routine!

Use in the evening again after cleansing and toning. Taking off a full face of make up can be harsh for your skin especially when taking off make up around the eyes as this is a sensitive area. Use the Soothing Eye Lotion to rehydrate and heal this area of your face! It will do wonders! Follow again by a moisturiser.

Do you have any must haves for your make up collection? If so, I'd love to hear them!  Any questions regarding make up or facial routines hit me up in the comments or send me a tweet!
Peace x


No comments:

Post a Comment