Monday 27 April 2015

Crystal Healing Through Meditation


Introduction


I know I'm a bit late with this post because I was meant to write a quick, almost like a guideline to crystals straight after my previous post on Spirituality, so I'm really sorry about that but I was extremely busy filming for a little something I wrote (won't go into too much detail *taps nose*). I noticed from my last post that people became very intrigued regarding Spirituality and more so the meanings, experiences and methods to crystal healing. I am so grateful that I have sparked people's interest because Spirituality is something anyone can be a part of to suit what ever your needs, lifestyle and beliefs may be. I'm just going to go through what I know to my knowledge of crystals at this stage of my life, as I am still learning myself and how you can incorporate meditation as well which is widely known for it's calming and healing effects. Just to let people know that it's not as complicated as it seems and you don't need much skill to heal yourself. You don't need to be a full time Monk or Buddhist! Throughout the post you'll read some of my personal experiences just to show that it does work for your average person and I'll throw in some history on crystals and references to shops, books and websites so you know where to begin your journey. Alright, let's get started!

Crystals & Their Meaning



There are thousands of crystals out there, each bearing it's own name, meaning and healing qualities. Most crystals provide a calming effect but each has it's own specific focus e.g. a particular emotion, state of mind or a physical injury/illness. So to start off, find what means the most to you, what issues are going on in your life that you'd like to improve, what skills would you like to enhance? Maybe you'd like to improve some of the relationships you have with family members or you find it hard speaking in public, maybe you're going through some stress from some emotional trauma. There's a stone out there for everything. Write this list down, however you want - from most important to least or just take it slowly one by one, however you like. Now do some research. Just by Googling crystals you will be bombarded with thousands, or if you want a more traditional route you can buy the Crystal Bible by Judy Hall, it's in the name - everything you need to know about crystals, what they mean, how to cleanse (clean) your crystals etc. I found it easiest just looking through an encyclopedia of crystals and picking out the ones that draw your attention and maybe to your surprise they might be the ones you actually need. Once you find and purchase your crystals you can then get to work on healing through meditation. Online apps like Depop sell loads of authentic jewellery with crystals as rings, necklaces, chokers etc and at a very affordable price, so I highly recommend them. There are also many shops scattered around London that can offer advice and service (The Astrology Shop - Covent Garden, Charlie's Rock Shop - Wimbledon). 

Meditation & Chakra Points 



Now this where crystals come in to play their part in healing your mind, body and spirit. According to Hindu tradition, Chakra points are vital meeting points within the body where energy channels. You have 7 main chakra points - Root (base of the spine), Sacral (slightly below naval), Solar Plexus (slightly above naval), Heart (centre of chest), Throat, Third Eye (forehead, between your eyebrows) and lastly Crown (the top of the head). Each point represents a specific energy within yourself e.g. the heart chakra is everything to do with love, compassion, harmony etc. If you were to place a specific crystal on any of these chakra points they are able to heal, enhance, lessen whatever the need may be. For example, if you are going through an emotional trauma, the Amethyst stone (probably classed as one of the most powerful stones) known for it's healing qualities if placed on the Third Eye or Heart chakra will open your mind to see clearer, to look on the brighter side, motivate you to get through the pain and suffering and much more. So, I am now going to go through the collection of crystals I have (6 to be exact), pathetic I know but it's a start and I'm going to explain what each one means, it's capabilities and the personal experiences and benefits I have felt from using these crystals. 

Amethyst (General Healing) 




Like I said before, it's renowned for it's healing qualities. Any sort of trauma you are experiencing, whether it be emotional or physical the Amethyst is a very calming stone that provides balance and peace of mind. Just by looking at the Amethyst which is a pale purple is very soothing in itself. It's an excellent all purpose stone. If placed on the Third Eye, it can increase Spirituality, intuition and psychic powers. I meditated once with the Amethyst stone on my Third Eye and during my meditation I felt the stone become extremely warm and bearing in mind that these crystals are extremely light the stone felt heavy on my head. It almost felt like I was in a deep sleep and it was still hot to touch even when I had finished and had taken it off my head. Excellent for communication with past lives or if you wish to reach another dimension (as crazy as it sounds). I'm not there yet but hopefully one day I will! Also protects and is very well know for getting rid of addictions so an all round general healing stone. A quick tip, Amethyst is also a great cleansing stone so maybe invest in one that's larger than your other stones to cleanse the others, as crystals can be become impure from negative energies so it's important to constantly keep an Amethyst around the house or your room. 

Rose Quartz (Love Stone) 




The Rose Quartz is associated with everything Feminine. Not only does it help with PMS, menopause, cramps etc It's mainly used to open the heart chakra. It enhances self-love, family, romantic, unconditional love - any situation. Lowers stress, raises self-esteem, balances emotions and provides forgiveness, tolerance and compassion, all qualities needed to give and receive pure love. Heals emotional trauma, fear, resentment and anger is removed and enhances inner awareness. Any family issues you have or maybe you find it hard to cooperate with people in your daily life or at work, place this stone on your heart chakra and start to watch yourself become more open to people and working harmoniously. People and situations used to anger me a lot (not any more!), I have an even greater relationship with my Mum, I'm not afraid to express my emotions as much as I was before and I believe the Rose Quartz personally for me is probably another very powerful crystal, one that can be used daily because you can never give too much love. 

Turquentine (Turquoise) 



Another calming stone which balances mood fluctuations, decreases selfishness and an overly critical state of mind. This crystal fully appeals to me because I used to have an extremely critical state of mind. I read into everything, it wasn't healthy for the mind and it made me make the wrong judgements and I didn't behave in an appropriate manner. I used to have crazy mood swings even though I think mood swings come along with life but they aren't as extreme as they used to be. Now I feel more free spirited, I go with the flow and I don't look deep into things and take things more on the chin. Turquentine is usually used for aiding bone injury and cramps and is an excellent antidote for insomnia if placed under your pillow. It prepares the mind for wisdom, an insight when placed on the Third Eye and like the Amethyst you can access another dimension although I haven't personally felt this myself. Turquentine can formulate ambitions, teaching you patience and aiding you in achieving your goals. I personally felt that after meditating with Turquentine I was able to identify what actually made me happy in life, that I should focus on my ultimate goal and not pressure myself into achieving 'success' in terms of money and careers but in happiness, knowledge and experience. I'm also more aware that I am in my own race, that I shouldn't compare myself to anyone else but focus on myself and what I want to achieve and not let anyone or society pressure me into growing up fast!!

Blue Agate (Blue Lace)



A gentle and calming stone with similar capabilities as Turquentine but achieves them through a different route. The Blue Agate lessens anger, nerves and deeper anger issues and like I mentioned before little things would annoy me very easily but I'd like to think it takes a lot to annoy me now. With this stone you can activate your throat chakra which will ease communication and bring tactfulness in speech and writing. I found this extremely useful when it came to expressing myself particularly touchy subjects when consoling in people. If you're having any issues with speaking in public or you are quite shy and find it hard to fit in then meditating with this stone will do you wonders. I've never been the best at English myself, my spelling and punctuation is terrible but since my interest in crystals and writing about the things I'm passionate about, I am able to get my point and interests across with ease and I'm now finding myself making new friends with the same interest and I am hugely grateful for that. SHOUT OUT TO MY HIPSTERS! *peace sign*. Blue Agate is a very useful stone for dealing with most physical injuries and illnesses whether it is diabetes, skin issues like, eczema or speech habits and the immune system. A great gift for anyone!

Aventurine (Stone of Opportunity) 



Aventurine was one of the first crystals I came across and felt was important to me because opportunity is a great important aspect of any ones life and I think it's important to be grateful to be given any sort of opportunity whether it be a trip to somewhere you have never been before, meeting someone new or just taking part in an event or project. Opportunity leads to learning something new thus growing as a person. Thought to be the luckiest of all crystals, it's winning energy makes it a great ally for boosting any situation. It brings optimism so you are able to accept change, it also enhances creativity, motivation and encourages leadership skills allowing you to become more decisive as well as bringing an openness to your state of mind. Commonly known for being green although you can get the stone in other colours and if I'm not mistaken the Chinese like to use Aventurine in a lot of their ornaments, jewellery, statues etc as you know the Chinese have strong belief in luck. Having a strong connection with the earth particularly green Aventurine, it protects you from the pollution within our world. Again, another calming stone that's great for every day use. From wearing the Aventurine for so long around my neck on a necklace, I definitely got in touch with my hippie side and I think that's what sparked and developed it. I appreciate nature and always have done, I love sitting in and admiring parks and animals etc and it has definitely sparked more creativity for me, I now have notebooks which I am constantly writing new ideas and lists in.

Lapis Lazuli 



Last but not very least!! This has to be my ultimate stone. It almost felt like a revelation when I came across this stone. One day I was browsing the net for some new crystals to buy and came across this deep blue crystal speckled with gold that immediately caught my eye just from it's beauty. It seemed so majestic and powerful almost mimicking the image of earth from space. Lapis Lazuli is universally known as a symbol of wisdom and truth and still remains a symbol of royalty and honour, particularly within Egyptian culture. Once I found out that Lapis had a strong connection with Egypt I couldn't turn away from it, I had to buy it there and then, because I have this ridiculous obsession with Ancient Egypt. Many burial ornaments of kings and queens are inlaid in Lapis Lazuli including Tutankhamun's death mask who has his eyes and eyebrows inlaid in Lapis. It is used extensively in Scarab beetles which I strongly believe I have a connection to but I won't go into detail about that because I'd be here all day! Priests and royals were also dyed in Lapis to show their status as gods themselves. Lapis is believed to aid intellectual analysis, stimulating desire for knowledge, truth, understanding and the process of knowledge, fundamental morals and principles I strongly go by! Great for enhancing memory although many friends would probably disagree because my memory is disgustingly bad! A stone of truth that encourages honesty in spirit, brings harmony to relationships, promotes self-awareness and acceptance of that knowledge. I believe that it's such a purifying and powerful stone, it's a stone that allows self-expression, compassion when dealing with others, awareness of ones beliefs, motives and a clearer perspective of one's whole life meaning to find the answers in life you must look within yourself. If this stone is placed on the Third Eye you can achieve higher awareness (reach other dimensions) and even make past-life contact with Ancient Civilisations which I find truly fascinating.

I want to dedicate this post to the people who share this same passion of mine and to any person who I have spoken to and has taught me something and it doesn't necessarily have to be a skill, it could be an opinion that you have, anything! Thanks a million!! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this post, if you have any questions or opinions feel free to drop a comment or send me a tweet! x

5 comments:

  1. Really great post Rebecca. You have inspired me to want to learn more about spirituality and the use of crystals. Also good luck with your filming project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again!! I'm glad I could help!! Let me know if you have any questions :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great post! I may give some a try one day & see how it goes. Interesting topic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defo give it a try!! Try YouTubing '5 minute breathing exercise' and integrate that. Great for when you have a busy lifestyle.

      Delete
  3. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best! best crystals online

    ReplyDelete