Sunday 21 August 2016

Throw Away Your Plastic Comb and Brush! Here's Why....

Olivia Garden Bamboo Massage Paddle Brush, Size HH-4




According to experts, synthetic (plastic) combs and brushes pull and tug at the hair causing the hair to break, therefore using combs and brushes made from natural resources like wood glide through the hair more easily without causing damage. Wooden tools are more durable and also help distribute the natural oils produced by your hair evenly and more gently than synthetic combs and brushes.

I know it's been a long time since I last posted, but I promise you guys that I've come back with some amazing products to show you, and one of them is Olivia Garden's Bamboo Massage Paddle brush. After another long hunt, this time through wide toothed combs and tangle teezers, I decided to try my luck with paddle brushes. This type of brush is recommended for people with natural, thick hair as the surface of the brush is much wider and the the bristles further apart thus allowing the brush to glide through thick hair much easier. I personally found with wide toothed combs that it took longer to comb my hair and pulled out more hair. The Tangle Teezer took less time to comb however because of it's synthetic tiny bristles it was pulling at my hair, causing breakage and was more hassle to detangle as I had to part my hair multiple times. SO! Get your notepad out because you're definitely going to want to make a note of this one!


Let's get straight to the facts on what this brush is and provides: 


  • Eco-friendly bamboo brush-body - Bamboo is 100% natural so if you was to throw this brush away it won't take years to decompose and can actually preserve hardwood forests. 
  • Stimulating scalp massage - The whole bristle is made of wood which reduces static and the ballpoints on this brush stimulate the hair follicles in your scalp to promote hair growth and reduce hair loss.
  • Ionic soft cushion - Reduces pressure when brushing the hair, reduces static and is anti-bacterial.
  • Ergonomic handle - Comfortable and ease when gripping the brush.
  • Lightweight - Extremely light weight for a big brush! Bamboo is also lighter and more durable than wood.


First Impressions


I bought the size HH-4 (12x10cm) and I won't deny I was expecting I big hefty wooden brush but to my surprise it was extremely light weight. It's intricate caramel and chocolate striped design seemed as if this product was made personally for me with the HH initial inscribed on the back of the brush in an elegant, italic font. The brush was smooth right from it's wooden ballpoints to the grip on the handle. Just an all round beautiful looking and feeling brush! 




First Use


I carried out my normal hair care routine, conditioning and separating my hair into two sections. Initially I told myself I would brush one section and the other section I would split into two more sections to trial different techniques. To my delight I didn't need to do this as the brush glided through one half of my hair so easily I couldn't believe it! ''This brush was made by angels!'', I said to myself, all wide eyed as I brushed my hair from the ends and working my way upwards. I would say it took around 5-8 minutes to brush all of my hair, probably the quickest time I've ever done it in. My only concern is the slight awkwardness in brushing the more harder to reach areas like the back of the head as the brush is so big, but other than that you cannot fault this brush! 

Results


With very few hairs left in the brush (same amount as the Tangle Teezer) I tried to clean out the hairs with my hands but it wasn't possible. I imagine you would need a little hairbrush rake to clean it so it's an issue that can easily be resolved. I did notice that the brush was able to define my curls much better than a Tangle Teezer would, probably because the bristles are wider apart and left my hair feeling soft because the brush didn't pull on the hair so much.

To give you an idea on the size


Using a wooden brush, let alone a paddle brush was alien to me and there is definitely a technique to using this brush considering the size as well. This brush is all round amazing in every shape and form but I would probably just invest in a smaller version to make it easier to brush the harder to reach places. If you're looking for a generally healthier tool for your hair then this brush is for you, especially if you have long, voluminous hair.


1 comment: